Believe me when I tell you that you’ll never know the #1 ingredient in these cookies is beans. I made them twice this past weekend and they were gobbled up almost instantly, both times. I received praise from gluten-free and non gluten-free people alike.
I highly recommend using your food processor for this recipe to get the smooth consistency of cookie dough. It’s WELL worth it, and since these are vegan, you can eat the dough too! In fact, I won’t tell anyone if these never make it to the oven, but they’re delicious both ways!
Make them, share them (or don’t, dessert needs #mealprep too!), let me know what you think!
White Bean Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 15 oz can Cannelini Beans (about 2 cups, if using homemade beans)
- 2/3 cup Peanut Butter
- 2/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used the Enjoy Life brand)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor until the mixture is smooth and resembles cookie dough.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 1.5 tbsp balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.