A handful of nuts is a great snack, but mixing them with chai spice and roasting them makes them that much better. Chai is one of those flavors that’s great in so many things – from muffins to lattes to (you guessed it) nuts. Make this chai spice nut and seed mix to kick your snacking up a notch.
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, mix together the nuts and seeds.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract, and stir to coat all of the nuts and seeds.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and cardamom.
- Add the spice mixture to the bowl with the nuts and seeds and stir to coat the mixture with spices.
- Pour the nut and seed mixture onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper in a single layer.
- Cook for 18-20 minutes, mixing halfway through to avoid burning the mixture.