You think you’ve tried bacon wrapped dates, but you haven’t tried these.
I’m not sure why cranberry gets all of the credit this time of year. Raspberries deserve a little bit of time in the spotlight too.
I brought these to a Friendsgiving this past weekend and they were a serious crowd pleaser. In fact, maybe I should have made more (except that I also brought 4 other dishes and I don’t think my kitchen could handle any more mess). They’re really simple to make – just 4 ingredients and a couple of steps. The sweetness of the jam and dates is balanced out by the tartness of the goat cheese and the savoriness of the bacon.
- 1lb of Medjool dates (about 20 dates)
- 10 slices of bacon (you’ll need half as many slices of bacon as the number of dates)
- 3 tbsp raspberry preserves (I like the kind with seeds)
- 5 tbsp goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F and cut a piece of parchment paper to fit a cookie sheet.
- Slice each date down the center (don’t cut all the way through) enough to remove the pit.
- In a bowl, mix together the raspberry jam and goat cheese (it helps if the goat cheese is slightly softened).
- Fill each date with about 1 tsp of the jam/goat cheese mixture. Some will be able to take more, some less.
- Cut the bacon slices in half and wrap each half slice around a date, securing with a toothpick.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until the bacon is crispy.