‘Tis the season for all the fall foods!
It’s been hard for me to officially get into “fall mode” because of how hot the weather has been this whole month. Now that there’s officially rain in the forecast, I’m finally starting to transition into the new season. I have mini pumpkins around my house as decoration, and I’m cooking up all kinds of fall recipes. There will be a lot of soups in our future together.. get excited!
I think I’m one of the few people who’s never had a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks.. who’s with me?! But every time I see a recipe for pumpkin spice this or pumpkin spice that, my mouth starts to water, so I finally made something of my own.
These pumpkin spice energy bites are super easy to whip up in a food processor and will definitely put you in fall mode if you’re not already.
Makes 12 bites.
- 1 cup rolled oats (use gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Scoop about 1.5 tbsp of mixture, roll into a ball, and place on parchment paper.
- Store in the fridge until ready to eat.